Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 12 - Israeli Couscous with Pistachios and Apricots and A HummusRecipe

Israeli Couscous with Pistachios and Apricots

I was going to make this for my friend Marcy the other day, but we ended up going out to dinner, so I'm making it today to justify the bunch of fresh mint I bought for the occasion.

These are nice flavors, interestingly combined. I used whole wheat couscous, Israeli of course. The finished dish is fragrant and tasty, not a life-changer, but good. The standout flavor is the chopped mint garnish, standing out in a good way. Again, I crave more salt.... What's wrong with me??

SFO: 10

(Nothing weird or scary here. Just a nice side dish.)


A Hummus Recipe

That's what it's called: "A Hummus Recipe."

As I mentioned a few days ago, I've upgraded my blender situation. And I was excited to try the hummus recipe again, this time using the basic, no add-ins version. I also cooked my own chick peas for a really great result. 

As before, starting with half of the chick peas and only half of the olive oil in the blender, there's no way to get things going, even with my new and improved blender. It's just too dry. You need more liquid at the beginning. So I added most of the oil in part one, and then part two went off without a hitch!

Blender hummus IS super creamy! And delicious. I added extra lemon juice this time, and a fair amount of seasoning, in the form of salt, pepper, and cumin, and I think my hummus is pretty irreproachable!

But we'll see what the cousins think tomorrow.... For now:

SFO: 10

P.S. I just finished my master spread sheet for this project, and it revealed more faulty math!! It is now my belief that the total number of recipes for me to complete is... 313. Which gives me a little more scheduling wiggle room. Phew.


No comments:

Post a Comment