Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 4 - Miso Tahini Dressing

Leftovers dinner! And no one better to serve it to than my dear friend, Adinah Alexander, who loves and appreciates good, homemade food as much as I do. She's my favorite guest because she oohs and aahs and loves to talk about what she's eating and how it was made. Plus she'll eat anything. 

So she got to taste all the goodies I've been cranking out these past few days. Everything got a hearty thumbs up, and interestingly, her favorite dish was the lentils and rice from yesterday, albeit with a healthy salting and prettied up with a side of steamed green beans. It really did taste amazing.

Of course, I had to make at least one thing special for her, so I picked:

Miso Tahini Dressing

This is so easy and so delicious, I can't believe I've never made it before. Two ingredients and tons of flavor. Since I'd be serving it over a simple salad, I took one of I&T's "get experimental" suggestions and added some lemon juice. In fact, I put a whole lemon's worth of juice in there, and the acid balanced out the saltiness really nicely. I can imagine using this dressing for a hundred different purposes - I'm going to go dip some cucumber slices in it right now!

SFO: 10

P.S. Look for Adinah in the cast of this coming season's new Broadway musical, Kinky Boots! I saw a rehearsal of it back in the summer, and it looks like it's going to be amazing!

P.P.S. I just bought a new and improved blender, so I'm going to give that heightened hummus thing another try. I also got a tip from my childhood friend, Marjory, who actually lives in the land of hummus, i.e. Israel. And she said, "Put much smaller amounts at a time in the blender and it works perfectly," which makes total sense. It might mean tinkering with I&T's instructions a bit, but I'm determined to experience this extra-smooth hummus they've been crowing about.


No comments:

Post a Comment