Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 19 - Banana-Nut Waffles

Banana-Nut Waffles

First Veganomenkrantz brunch recipe! AND first waffles ever!! My guest today is my little jazzy baby, Alysha. (If you don't already know her, you have to check her out here, singing one of my songs.)

I've never owned a waffle-maker. It was one of those things that seemed too fetish-y, too specific. And I just never developed enough of an obsession with waffles to justify buying one. But that's one of the reasons why I love projects like this one. It forces you into cooking and buying things that you wouldn't typically gravitate to. And I'm so glad I did!

These are amazing! Great taste, texture, everything! My waffle iron is the kind that you put on the stove, not a plug-in version. And since it was the first time I've ever used it, I'm not sure if the tender waffles I ended up with are due to the recipe, the waffle iron, or how long they were cooked. While I suspect I could have gotten more color and crust if I cooked them longer, they were so yummy and deluxe that I didn't want to risk ruining them. 

One of the things that really hits me when making all these quick, easy, amazing recipes is: why don't people cook at home more often? It's so easy! And fulfilling!! I mean, homemade waffles!! C'mon!

SFO: 10

(Alysha doesn't even like waffles, but she really liked these.)

No comments:

Post a Comment