Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 33 - Sweet Crepes

Sweet Crepes 

Even after all my cooking adventures, this was my first attempt at crepes!

I love that this batter happens in a blender - just dump everything in and blend the crap out of it. The only thing is, you have to think ahead, given the need to refrigerate the batter for a while....

I don't have a crepe pan, so I opted for my big cast iron skillet. I was prepared for lots of messed up crepes, as everyone (even I&T) warns that it takes some practice to get a decent result. But I had good crepes, right off the bat! The skillet worked perfectly - of course it was greased within an inch of its life, but that's how you do it, right?

The batter made six generously sized crepes, and Sam and I ate three of them. (OK, I ate two and she ate one.) We filled some with Not-Tella (yum) and others with berries (also yum). That little bit of sugar in the batter was just right, and the crepes tasted like the lightest, most delicate pancakes ever.

These are a real treat, and so easy to make!!

SFO: 10


No comments:

Post a Comment