Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 153 - Black Bean-Vegetable Soup

Black Bean-Vegetable Soup

As I&T say, having a good black bean soup recipe is like having a good "little black dress." Of course, I don't have a little black dress, and I'm not sure what the analog is for a guy, maybe a blue blazer, but nevertheless, we all get the reference.

This is a really cute little black dress. There's a nice amount of vegetables in here. Of course, I avoid bell peppers where I can, so I substituted an additional jalapeƱo, which has been successful before. Usually, it doesn't amp up the spiciness because I remove the seeds and ribs, but in this case, my soup ended up quite spicy! But it was a pleasant heat. Salt hound that I am, I found the soup to be significantly undersalted, but to each his own.

The end result is simple and delicious, if a little watery. Since I do like my bean soups on the creamy side, I pulled out the immersion blender and did a little damage in the pot, and I ultimately liked the texture I ended up with. The garnishes really elevate this soup, so I highly recommend using all of them: lime wedges, avocado, and minced cilantro.

SFO: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment