Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 240 - Blueberry Corn Pancakes

Blueberry Corn Pancakes

It's summer, I have blueberries, Carolyn's coming over, so if that doesn't spell Blueberry Corn Pancakes, I don't know what does.

These are good. Real good. Like make-them-for-the-vegan-guy-or-gal-who-just- slept-over good. But only if you want him or her to become obsessed with you. As it turns out, Carolyn is already obsessed with me, so this only made her more obsessed. But we're not going to sleep together. We stopped doing that years ago. 

Just kidding. We're still doing it.


I mean just kidding. We never did that.

Anyway, back to the food! These are better than your average bear pancake. Little tweaks, like the addition of cornmeal and lemon zest, give these that fancy lift up to the better-than-ordinary, dare I say extraordinary?

Mind you, the batter is shockingly thin. I didn't think they going to end up pancake-y, but lo and behold, they magically morphed in the pan.

What else is there to say? It's all good, it's so good you will eat too many of these and have to go jogging to feel OK about yourself.

But it's worth it.

SFO: 10
Um, yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment